September 21, 2011

Walk Like a Gorilla

I like Wednesdays a lot. I get to sleep in a bit and have four hours of English, the class that I really excel in– obviously. I like helping the teachers with words that they don't know or have trouble pronouncing. We had to present our patchworks today– awhile ago we all made a collage of things that represent us– and we had to pick one at random to describe it and guess whose it was. People guessed mine because I had a picture of the USA on it. When it was my turn, I think I talked too fast again because I got the glazed, deer-in-the-headlights stares from everyone afterwards. It was fun because we all learned new things about each other. I learned that one girl didn't know what John Lennon looked like (she thought it was Harry Potter with the glasses and all). My jaw almost fell off.

French class was actually really good today. I hadn't been there for awhile, but I was a bit braver at speaking in front of everyone. In fact, I even asked a couple questions and the teacher understood! Point for me. I asked if I could just do my little report on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory instead of the fancy, French literary classic that I'm three pages into... Thank goodness I can :) Mme Massy is really nice and I think that I will change back into some of her classes later, even though she talks really fast.

After school, I had yet another full agenda because I had my theater class for two hours. I've never done theater before, but I was willing to try it. It was actually really fun, but I think with different kids it could have been better. The kids all seemed younger than me and a bit, well, different. The teacher was nice and the exercises were fun while a bit strenuous. We walked around in crazy directions the entire time... like different animals: tiger, ostrich, gorilla, fox, chipmunk, cat, bird, etc. It was interesting. The teacher said my gorilla walk was pretty good :D I think I'll give it another go next week for kicks. I was exhausted afterwards and collapsed in my bed. Tomorrow I'm not going to school. Instead, I'm going with the elementary class (that I help out with on Fridays) on their little field trip to a farm to see some cows, sheep, and to make some butter. I have to get up at 6:00, like a farmer, so good night. A bientôt!

1 comment: